This topic is something that is quite personal for me as I have gone through this same struggle as well. I am sharing it because I don’t want you guys to get stuck on the same thing that I got stuck on.
From time to time, we hear about people who have been trying to manifest something for years and aren’t getting anywhere. This can discourage others and it can create a lot of frustration with the person who is in this position because they simply do not understand what they have been doing wrong. Being told to persist again and again can make them feel like a failure. They had been doing it for years, how much longer do they have to persist in order to get what they want?!
The truth is, nobody else can tell you what you are doing wrong. However, there are a couple of things that you can ask yourself and see your answers:
- Are you thinking you have to start over everytime you get frustrated? “Oh my God, I was frustrated for like 5 minutes yesterday so I had to restart my mental diet.”
- Are you thinking that it’s working for everything else but not this one thing?
- Are you denying your own power? Thinking there are limits to your power and telling yourself a story about how you will not be able to manifest this because it’s beyond your reach?
- Are you thinking you have to do this technique and that technique because otherwise it won’t work? Jumping from one technique to another and not being persistent with one technique? And if so, why are you doing this? Is it because you are still thinking that it’s the technique that brings your desires to fulfillment?
I believe I have already addressed the first three issues in other blog posts so in this blog post I will be focusing on the question about the techniques.
If the answer to that last question is a yes, you have found your block. It’s my belief that this block may be the hardest to identify. Why? Because we are so used to instant gratification in this world that it’s really hard to notice once we start jumping from one thing to another because it already feels normal and natural to some degree. Here is the stupidest example I can come up with: Oh, your Facebook isn’t loading? Okay, well, just gonna open Instagram and message the person there. See how easily you replace things without even consciously noticing it? Does it feel weird to use another social media to do the same thing? It doesn’t. You have options and it feels natural to use them all before giving up.
This can happen with the techniques as well. Oh, SATS aren’t working. I’m just gonna do mental diet for a while. Oh, mental diet isn’t showing any results after 2 days. I’m just gonna script for a few days. The thing is, though, if this is what you are doing, it is because you haven’t yet realized that it’s not the techniques that matter. It’s the feeling.
Don’t get me wrong. I, myself, am guilty of experimenting with way too many techniques before settling down for one. Here is the trick: you can do a thousand techniques and catch the feeling of the wish fulfilled. But if you then start thinking along the lines of, “I haven’t seen results after 2 days of persistently using this technique so it’s time to use a new technique”, you are creating a block for yourself. You will end up feeling like there is always a better technique, a technique that works quicker, a technique that will get you there faster. But it’s not the technique! It’s the feeling of naturalness!
If you have spent the last few months on Reddit looking for another technique, a better technique, a new success story, a new inspirational post… And you haven’t seen any results with your manifesting, do yourself a favor and do this:
- Pick one technique that resonates with you. If SATS help you feel the feelings of the wish fulfilled, stick with SATS. If it’s mental diet, stick with a mental diet. If it’s “I remember when”, stick with that technique. If it’s scripting, stick with scripting. If it’s the Andrew technique, well, stick with the Andrew technique!
- Decide that this technique that you are using is the technique that works for you. I will make a distinction once again, just to make sure that this is absolutely clear to everyone: the technique works because it helps you experience the feeling of the wish fulfilled. It helps you build the conviction that what you desire is already yours. It doesn’t fulfill your desire. It helps you fulfill that last step in manifesting: catching the mood and persisting with it.
So, if you are reading Reddit or any other forum or a group dedicated to Neville’s teachings or watching YouTube videos every single day hoping to find an easier way to manifest something, hoping to find something that will work faster, hoping to find that reassurance: stop it. You are keeping yourself stuck. You only need one technique and you only need to decide that this technique works for you always, without a failure.
One more thing I would like to mention here is that there isn’t a certain number of SATS sessions you need to do, a certain amount of time that needs to pass while you are on your mental diet in order for you to get your desire or a certain number of times you need to repeat your affirmations throughout the day. It’s not about how much you do. It’s about catching the feeling of the wish fulfilled and it always will be.
You don’t need the next technique. You don’t need to jump on every bandwagon there is on forums and other pages. You only need to be persistent. Persistence in this case means sticking with one technique for however long it takes you to feel like your desire is fulfilled. Not jumping from technique to technique and thinking another technique is better than yours. It’s not. God doesn’t exist outside of you. Don’t look for a “better technique” on the outside of you. Ask yourself what resonates with you? THAT is the technique you should be using. YOU ALREADY HAVE THE ANSWER.
“Many times I have heard someone say: “I believe that imagining creates reality, but I once imagined something and it never came to pass.” Then I ask: “What are you doing, saying: ‘I once imagined it’ and not imagining it now? For God’s name is I Am, not I did! Always thinking of God as someone outside of himself, man finds it difficult to keep the tense, but God is the human imagination and there is no other God.”What Are You Doing by Neville Goddard
Imagination creates reality. Now let us go into the silence.